BelkavitzSloan are proud to work as a recruitment partner to a fortune 500 conglomerate specialising in; mineral resources, transportation infrastructure, oil country tubular goods, iron, steel and nonferrous metals. With a presence in many critical industry sectors such as; oil and gas, petrochemical, refining and boiler manufacturing industries amongst others, this company are committed to enhancing their customers experience through positioning themselves as a total solutions provider for both products and services with proprietary supply chain management systems that provide comprehensive well management services which are expanded beyond the value chain, reaching further than conventional product trading companies into services not routinely provided by pipe suppliers, such as manufacturing, distribution and oilfield services.
This company now require a Senior Trader for Nickel and Cobalt to join the companies Pan-EU Mineral Resources Department to plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of the companies trade financing, Ni and Co business to UK major accounts in accordance with agreed business plans. Physical trading experience and knowledge of Ni and Co is essential.
This role will see the successful candidate reporting into the Departmental General Manager who is responsible for running the Ni and Co boom out of the London office.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business.
- Create new business: Trading finance, Nickel and Cobalt.
- Plan and prioritise sales activities and customers/prospects.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in Finance or Sales & Marketing
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Requires specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise in Trading finance
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Able to communicate and motivate
- Understands the principles of cost-effectiveness
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic/intermediate/advanced level
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality
- Comfortable in dealing with senior management
- Empathic communicator
- Flexible, adaptable, creative
- Able to travel within the UK/Europe etc.
Experience in working in Trading Financing at an international company
Experience in holding client meetings on a face to face basis
Experience within a multicultural business environment would be an advantage
Experience in using SAP
Experience of managing sales activities
Manage sales activities
Plan and prioritise sales activities and customer/prospect contacts towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing time and productivity.
Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and to sustain relationships.
Manage business portfolio
Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy for the company/business unit/department.
Report writing and Systems
Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information on a monthly basis.
Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems to update relevant information within these systems. Record, analyse, report and administer according to system and department requirements
|Job Category||Integrated Trading|