Business Development Manager
BelkavitzSloan are working as a recruitment partner to a leading mill independent stockholder and distributor of steel and multi metals with onsite engineering services provided at every distribution site. This company have a substantial presence throughout the UK and a stock portfolio that stretches from mild steel to nickel alloy.
Due to continued success and expansion, an opportunity has arisen within the companies engineering steels division for a business development manager to join the team with a view to driving business throughout the Scottish territory. This is a great opportunity for any candidate with a proven track record of selling engineering steel products into associated market sectors who wants to develop a long and successful career with a genuine market leader.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within the steel production or distribution industry with knowledge of Engineering Bar
- External Business Development experience selling into associated market sectors
|Job Category||Management, Steel and Metal Stockholding|